Today, IT Governance (the alignment of IT with business strategies and objectives), is broader, more complex, and crosses over to Enterprise Governance more than ever before. As the IT technology landscape continues to expand from on premise, to cloud, to mobile devices, and now, the Internet of Things (IoT), so do the implications for:
– maintaining regulatory and contractual compliance, e.g., HIPAA, PCI-DSS, NIST SP 800-171, SOX, DFARS, and ITAR
– managing information growth and access
– managing data retention and the liability retained data can bring
– handling of personal and intellectual property data
– controlling “Shadow IT” services and products obtained and used outside of corporate standards
– balancing risk against cybersecurity costs and impact to productivity
– cybersecurity training and awareness programs
– budgeting and strategic IT planning
– other market and internal drivers
Artemis “virtual CIO’s” work with your existing internal and external resources and, if needed, can bring in additional experts in financial accounting and auditing, industry-specific compliance, government contracting, legal services, etc., to round out your governance team. Cross walking requirements across subject matter experts and internal departments helps ensure your technology infrastructure and processes will meet your specific IT and Corporate Governance needs.
Let us help strategize a more holistic and efficient approach to aligning IT to your business objectives. Call Artemis today!
Explore our IT Governance Services: